The original home of the Wilmore Holiness Camp Meetings was blessed to continue a 120 year long legacy of mission work from it’s Sacred Ground. Once established the Wilmore Camp Meeting used various buildings on one of the beautiful hillsides where John Wesley Hughes and Henry Clay Morrison first held such significant camp revivals in 1890. For Henry Clay Morrison camp meetings became one of his favorite evangelistic venues, and throughout the rest of his life Morrison gave much time and effective leadership to this religious movement.
Countless individuals have been spiritually transformed, called to the mission field and full time Christian Ministry over the years at the Wilmore Campground during the summer Camp Meetings.
The camp meeting has traditionally been, and in many places still is, a place where God has done remarkably deep work in people’s hearts and minds. There’s something about the environment that is hard to duplicate in typical church life.